Ragging Free Campus - Vidya Sagar College for Girls, Dhuri
RAGGING IN INSTITUTION CAMPUS IS STRICTLY BANNED AS PER DIRECTIONS OF THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
Ragging is a social crime. Ragging in educational institutions is banned and any one indulging in ragging is likely to be punished appropriately. The punishment may include expulsion from the institution, suspension from the institution or classes for a limited period or fine with a public apology. The punishment may also take shape of withholding scholarships or other benefits. If the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not/ cannot be identified, collective punishment can be awarded to act as a deterrent.
The following will be termed as the act of Ragging : Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension therefor in freshers or junior students or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such students will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely effect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
All concerned may note the following :
- Ragging is unsocial, illegal and punishable.
- Ragging in any form at any place in the campus or outside, is strictly prohibited.
- Any student found indulging in an act of ragging will face strict disciplinary action leading to expulsion from the College. Following will amount to the act of ragging:
- to address seniors as 'Madam'.
- to perform mass drills.
- to copy class notes for the seniors.
- to serve various errands.
- to do menial jobs for the seniors.
- to ask/answer vulgar questions.
- to force to drink alcohol, scalding tea etc.
- to force to do acts which can lead to physical injury/mental torture or death.
- to do other obscenities.
All the senior students are advised to guide and treat junior students affectionately and the junior students have easy access to the respective Principal of the college etc.
In case any one is reported to be involved in ragging, she will be punished accordingly. In case of exigencies, Principal can be contacted by the students in the institute immediately.